Current:Home > InvestFastexy:Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations -Prime Money Path
Fastexy:Sean "Diddy" Combs Denies "Sickening" and "Awful" Assault Allegations
Rekubit Exchange View
Date:2025-04-06 11:32:58
Content warning: This story discusses sexual assault.
Sean "Diddy" Combs is Fastexyspeaking out against assault allegations being made against him.
"For the last couple of weeks, I have sat silently and watched people try to assassinate my character, destroy my reputation and my legacy," he wrote on Instagram Dec. 6. "Sickening allegations have been made against me by individuals looking for a quick payday."
"Let me be absolutely clear: I did not do any of the awful things being alleged," Diddy continued. "I will fight for my name, my family and for the truth."
In recent weeks, the rapper has been named in several lawsuits, including one filed on Nov. 16 by his ex-girlfriend Cassie, who accused him of rape and abuse.
"After years in silence and darkness, I am finally ready to tell my story, and to speak up on behalf of myself and for the benefit of other women who face violence and abuse in their relationships," the singer—legal name is Cassandra Ventura—told NBC News at the time. "With the expiration of New York's Adult Survivors Act fast approaching, it became clear that this was an opportunity to speak up about the trauma I have experienced and that I will be recovering from for the rest of my life."
Diddy's attorney previously denied the accusations on his behalf, calling Cassie's allegations "outrageous."
On Nov. 17, a day after her filing, Cassie—who dated Diddy on and off for nearly a decade—confirmed that they'd reached a settlement.
"I have decided to resolve this matter amicably on terms that I have some level of control," Cassie said in a statement via NBC News. "I want to thank my family, fans and lawyers for their unwavering support."
Diddy, meanwhile, also shared in his own statement that he wished Cassie and her family "all the best."
In late November, Diddy was named in two more lawsuits by women who claimed he assaulted them, allegations which he denied via his spokesperson.
A fourth misconduct lawsuit, obtained by the New York Times, was filed against Diddy on Dec. 6, shortly before he posted his Instagram message denying any wrongdoing.
Per the outlet, the fourth suit was filed by an unnamed woman who says Diddy and "two other men gang-raped her in a New York recording studio" 2003, when the woman was 17.
For free, confidential help, call the National Sexual Assault Hotline at 1-800-656-4673 or visit rainn.org.veryGood! (13373)
Related
- New Mexico governor seeks funding to recycle fracking water, expand preschool, treat mental health
- France’s constitutional court is ruling on a controversial immigration law. Activists plan protests
- Melanie, singer-songwriter of ‘Brand New Key’ and other ‘70s hits, dies at 76
- Hillary Clinton calls Margot Robbie and Greta Gerwig 'more than Kenough' after Oscars snub
- Rolling Loud 2024: Lineup, how to stream the world's largest hip hop music festival
- China accuses US of ‘abusing’ international law by sailing in Taiwan Strait and South China Sea
- Eva Mendes Defends Ryan Gosling From Barbie Hate After Oscar Nomination
- Twitter reacts to Jim Harbaugh becoming the next head coach of the LA Chargers
- The FBI should have done more to collect intelligence before the Capitol riot, watchdog finds
- Evers in State of the State address vows to veto any bill that would limit access to abortions
Ranking
- Could your smelly farts help science?
- Nick Dunlap turns pro after becoming first amateur to win PGA Tour event in 33 years
- What's the best food from Trader Joe's? Shoppers' favorite items revealed in customer poll
- Mexican tourist haven and silversmithing town of Taxco shuttered by gang killings and threats
- Retirement planning: 3 crucial moves everyone should make before 2025
- Conservative South Carolina Senate debates a gun bill with an uncertain future
- A separatist rebel leader in Ukraine who called Putin cowardly is sentenced to 4 years in prison
- More heavy snow expected in Japan after 800 vehicles trapped on expressway
Recommendation
McKinsey to pay $650 million after advising opioid maker on how to 'turbocharge' sales
Turkey's parliament approves Sweden's NATO membership, lifting key hurdle to entry into military alliance
Arizona GOP Chairman Jeff DeWit resigns after leaked tape showed him floating a job for Kari Lake to skip Senate race
Financial markets are jonesing for interest rate cuts. Not so fast, says the European Central Bank
NFL Week 15 picks straight up and against spread: Bills, Lions put No. 1 seed hopes on line
Defending champion Sabalenka beats US Open winner Gauff to reach Australian Open final
What we know about UEFA official Zvonimir Boban resigning and why
Army Corps of Engineers failed to protect dolphins in 2019 spillway opening, lawsuit says